Producing quality maple syrup for seven generations.

History

 

Settling in Edwardsburgh

 

The Hunter family, originally from Scotland, came to what is now known as Spencerville in 1821. Andrew and Janet, along with five of their eight children, settled on a 100 acres on Lot 21, Concession 5. 

 

Their third child, Andrew Jr., is the great, great, great grandfather of the current owner and operator, John Hunter.

 

 

7 Generations of Maple Syrup

 

Andrew Jr.’s eldest son, John, was the first to begin tapping for syrup on Hunter lands. Over the years the location of the main building has changed, being built in it’s current location and becoming a fully operational business in 1973. A restaurant, known as the Pancake House, was added to the business in 1979.

 

Today, the 7th generation of the Hunter family, Jake, Delaney, Malley, Kadynn, Drew, and twins Bryleigh and Rowyn can be found working in the Pancake House, helping grandpa to wipe down tables and mix pancake batter.

 

Chad

John’s son Chad, with daughter Delaney on his back, tapping trees. (2003)