7 Generations of Family Tradition
The Hunter family, originally from Scotland, came to what is now known as Spencerville in 1821. Andrew and Janet, along with five of their eight children, settled on a 100 acres on Lot 21, Concession 5.
Their third child, Andrew Jr., is the great, great, great grandfather of the current owner and operator, John Hunter.
Andrew Jr.’s eldest son, John, was the first to begin tapping for syrup on Hunter lands. Over the years the location of the main building has changed, being built in it’s current location and becoming a fully operational business in 1973. A restaurant, known as the Pancake House, was added to the business in 1979.
Today, three generations of the family can be found working together in the restaurant.